2009年5月13日星期三

New technology, new methodology, new ideas.

New technology
It may not be new technology for everyone, but for me everything related to the class has a new meaning. The part of technology has shocked me throughout the course. I thought that I am using a lot of technology in my daily life and my teaching and learning. But after taking this course, the answer is no. I am using only a small part of it, and I am not making full use of the parts that I thought I knew. I was able to understand multimedia and digital technology better with this course, especially when I had to do a software demo and sample mutimodal assignment. I also learned to use software that I have never used before, such as citeulike, blogger and website. Though classmates' presentation, I was able to learn open source software and wordpress, facebook. Though I have heard about these names, but I have never really understand them and never think about trying to understand them. Thanks to this course, I was able to get a better understanding of the term technology.
New methodology
I am amazed by the fact that how theories of technical writing could be built into the practical technology we could use in our teaching. Every old and new tools are given a new understanding in the ways we could use in teaching practice. When I was doing my seminar paper, I read several articles about using e-mail in ESL writing classes. I had used e-mail in my ESL classes as well, but the depth of using e-mail can't be compared with what they discussed in their articles. I could have used it more successfully and with better purposes if I had known these before. But it is never too late to learn. I have better understanding about the theories of literacy in the digital environment, and will be working on using technology in my future teaching. This course shows me the direction for future research in the field of ESL teaching.
New ideas
What I learned the most from this class is the idea of making use of what we have to learn what we need to. It is wonderful to be able to learn from my classmates the ideas they have about their assignments, seminar papers. Even class discussion gives me idea of what one person's idea could inspire other's work. All of these will not be possible without the excellent organization of Dr. Cadle. She designed the readings and assignments to guide us through the course. I could not believe how much I have covered and accomplished when I was preparing the final portfolio. I am inspired by all of you, thank you all.

没有评论:

发表评论