2009年2月12日星期四

A new understanding of blogs, bulletin boards and wikis

I am not a big fan of using blogs, bulletin boards or wikis. I have to admit that I heard about them and knew about them, but I have never thought about them seriously. Barton's article allowed me to get a better idea of what they are and what we could do by using them in composition teaching. I like his idea that "wikis emphasize a progressive, democratic aspect of writing,... the god of wikis is freedom, not efficiency". I agree with him that "wikis challenge notions of traditional authority and traditional academic legitimating criteria." This active ongoing discussion method will get to the points in the long run. At least, the change is constant, and traditional method of printing is hard to keep up with the fasting changing world. Who knows, it may become the future of real time encyclopedia.

没有评论:

发表评论