2009年2月4日星期三

On technology narrative

I organized my narrative around how technology has affected and changed my way of English learning. I collected ideas from the very early desktop tape recorder days in middle school to short band radio and portable tape recorder time in college, then TV programs and Video tapes and later on VCD(Chinese version of DVD in early days when DVD were so expensive). The change from audio to video, from recording to real time news on the radio and TV. Nowadays with the help of internet and computers, mp3, the way of English learning is changed greatly. I find it much easy to brainstorm with picutres and stories in my memory and then to build around the theme piece by piece. I was shocked to find out that with better technology at hands, I am getting lazier and not making full use of all the conviency of it.

1 条评论:

  1. I definitely agree with your point that laziness can make you miss out on opportunities to make things easier. I know personally that I often get so attached to a program or way of doing something that I almost have to be physically forced to consider other choices.

    回复删除