2009年2月19日星期四

Understanding pedagogy and technology

Markel argues that pedagogy and technology should be clearly seperated from each other, while Selber suggests that technological facilities or resources are not neutral to pedagogy. It is impossible for pedagogy to be formulated in a vacuum without the influence of related circumstances, for example technological resources. A good lesson for teachers of digital age is that we should always get ourselves ready with self-education if needed to reach the most needed technology we may need to integrate with our pedagogy. But the problem is: to be equiped with up-to-date technology for our job will not happen in one day. It is a long process that teachers have to go through, and usually on their own. Personally, and in a selfish way, I would try to bend the rules of my pedagogy to suit the technology I have.

2 条评论:

  1. Sam,

    You're completely right. If the process of learning new technology wasn't so long and time-consuming, it would be much easier to integrate technology into our pedagogy. Plus, technology can be so unreliable. It seems like every time I try to use technology, it gives me trouble!

    回复删除
  2. Where do we draw the line between being composition and English teachers and being computer instructors? If I wanted to be a computer instructor, I would have majored in computer technology--now I wish I had. I've learned a lot, but I agree with you.

    By the way, I can't read Chinese. How do I submit this?

    回复删除